Signal and image processing represent techniques for the acquisition, analysis and interpretation of information, and as such are the glue that binds the information and knowledge society.
Key components of signal/image processing includes algorithms, architectures for implementing algorithms, and their applications in a variety of disciplines that range from aerospace systems, biomedical engineering, communications, control, geophysical data, and many more.
Research in the area is of universal interest, and there are strong and flourishing groups conducting world class research in China and Scotland.
To benefit from collaboration, a Research Academy is being established that will bring together keynote experts and leading researchers as well as students from Chinese and Scottish universities to work on areas of mutual interest, and to address problems of current importance!
The objectives of the Research Academy are:
- To stimulate and support collaborative research programmes
- To encourage PhD student and staff exchanges
- To promote joint publications
- To organize workshops and training programmes
- To seek joint funding for collaboration
- To develop close cooperation and partnership with industry in China and Scotland.